Monday, April 25, 2005

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree ..

A vignette, from the house of the Miniature Rose.

Setting: Dining room/kitchen area. My seven-year old son had just cleaned the table with a spritzer bottle and rag. He's just out of my line of sight as I start to draw his bath.

Mom: It's time to get ready for your bath

Seven year old: Not yet!

Mom: Now, dude!

Seven year old: I can't. I have unfinished business.

Mom: *blink* *blink* Oh? What unfinished business would that be?

Seven year old: I'm cleaning the floor.

Seven year old is spraying diluted cleanser onto the floor and wiping up the the pawprints that the dog had just introduced to the foyer

Seven year old: See? I told you I had unfinished business!

Mom is briefly flustered but agrees that the bath can wait for a few minutes, given the circumstances

Mom realizes that the kiddo is not a complete clone of his father, and some of her DNA was indeed passed on to her son

No comments: