Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Pain all around

These are the National Guard troops that my husband's unit is replacing in Iraq right now. Steve says it was awful and weird to watch the hurricane coverage in a room full of people whose hometowns were being wiped out.

I talked to my friend Monique this morning. She's from Metairie (New Orleans suburb) but lives up here now, her husband having enlisted after 9-11. Most of her family is safe, but she's waiting to hear from 3 sets of great-aunts/uncles in the Gulfport area. They refused to leave their homes.

If you haven't done so already, please consider making a donation to Red Cross or Salvation Army.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose, I'm a Canadian media blogger living in New York and I found this entry via the Newsweek/Technorati blog feature - I had linked to it on my site here: http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/foreign_affairs/embedded_redux_reports_from_the_front_lines_25199.asp. I would love to get in touch if you'd like to email me through my site. Good luck to you and your husband.

Anstruther said...

Rose - your blog is particularly touching today.