Sunday, March 12, 2006

This is the day that the Lord has made.

Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

We've had a perfectly lovely weekend. Therapeutic, in an unconventional way, you might say.

We visited my parents in Consecon, Ontario this weekend. After crossing the border, we made a quick stop at Tim Horton's in Gananoque for communion (in the name of the fritter, and the timbit, and the double-double, amen) then proceeded along the scenic route to Prince Edward County.

With a nod to Norman Rockwell, we indulged in the annual Pancake Supper at the United Church. Jesus would most certainly approve of pancakes, sausage, and ice cream served by the fine men of the congregation.

My sainted Mother made *real* Canadian backbacon for my very appreciative Yankee husband this morning.

Today, while waiting for the Glenora Ferry, we observed two redheaded woodpeckers going about their business.

As I write this post, dinner is simmering.

La vita รจ bella.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is the least I can do for my Favorite-son-in-law.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an excellent weekend!!