Sunday, February 13, 2005

Umm, I almost understand this, but ..

I am tremendously fond of Chocolate, our SPCA super-mutt. She keeps half the bed warm in my sweet hubby's absence, she takes me for long power walks every day, and she keeps the elephants away. (Have you seen any elephants on our road? I rest my case.)

So, I didn't even blink when I read that a couple from Manchester have selected their dog as chief bridesmaid for their upcoming nuptuals. There could be no better foil for a bridezilla than a wagging tail and wet nose. I totally understand and respect that.

Here's what I don't get: the canine-bridesmaid will wear a frilly pink dress and bonnet. Now, I love pink. I wore pink suit when my husband and I eloped ten years ago. (Reminder - I saved you a lot of money, Dad!)

But frills?

And a bonnet??

That's really testing the bonds of friendship, ya bridezilla!

No comments: