Saturday, December 03, 2005

Seen and heard at the barbershop today

Alternative title - I'm just bursting to tell someone about this but if you don't understand what I'm talking about then I'm not going to explain it to you and Mom you might want to just skip this post.

Our television died about 15 months ago. I still haven't gotten around to replacing it. Ignorance is bliss when it comes to pop culture. On my forays out into the television-enhanced world, I usually get an eyeful and then some.

This morning, I took the young prince to the barbershop. Now he looks even more like a young Republican. Zoiks. Anyhoo .. The TV in the shop was tuned to Country Music Television. I sat with my back to the idiot box so that I could concentrate on my knitting.

There was a flutter of excitement amongst the Lady Barbers (Barberellas? What is the proper term??) when Keith Anderson's "XXL" video featuring Tommy Lee came on. They couldn't understand, however, what Tommy Lee was doing in such a video.

I'm sorry to admit, I did get the joke. Ignorance would have been bliss, indeed. Now, where can I get some Brillo to get that information out of my head?

No comments: