Friday, June 23, 2006

Just a few miles to go



I was pleasantly surprised, and somewhat perplexed, to see dozens and dozens of cyclists on my road. It was only when I mentioned to my husband that I had seen a rider on an arm bike (hand powered recumbent) that I clued in to the fact that all of these cyclists were participating in the 2006 Pedal For Medals Ride to benefit New York Special Olympics. It's a 300 mile, 4 day trek from Saranac Lake to Cortland County.

The man on the recumbent was none other than SSG Roy Mitchell. He uses an arm bike because he lost his leg during combat operations in Afghanistan.

Gentle reader, dear friend, please check out the Pedal For Medals site. If you feel inspired in any way, please click on the "donate" icon, and put the name "Roy Mitchell" in the comments section of your easy-as-pie Paypal transaction. Posted by Picasa

No comments: