Friday, June 23, 2006

Well, what a coincidence!!

A Welsh psychologist has determined that, statistically speaking, today is the happiest day of the year!

This morning, the DHL courier arrived at my door, bearing a large envelope. I was a little confused, as I hadn't ordered anything recently.

The letter inside read:

Dear Rose:

CONGRATULATIONS!! You have been selected as a first prize winner in the "Ultramodern Electrosol Second Chance Sweepstakes." We are pleased to enclose your prize of an Apple iPod!

On behalf of Reckitt Benckiser, we wish to thank you for your interest and participation in the "Ultramodern Electrasol Instant Win Game," and we hope that you enjoy your prize.

Sincerely,

Maggie Bystron
Promotion Management


And Lo!
And Behold!

I held in my hands a 2 gigabyte iPod Nano. It is a thing of beauty, no?

Thank you, Maggie Bystron. Thank you, Reckitt Benckiser. I had completely forgotten about entering that contest. I think it was sometime last year. Obviously I didn't win the grand prize of a Mini Cooper, and I was unaware of any further drawings.

Electrasol Gelpacs and iPods RULE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo!!
Happy Day, Indeed!!!
Excellent!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!
You Deserve It!!!!!!