Thursday, October 04, 2007

Aiiiieeee!!!!

I think I just suffered whiplash.

It's from violently shaking my head at this article in the NY Times, about the "Mom Job" or "Mommy Makeover" - plastic surgery which aims to erase any and all evidence that a woman has had a baby. Last year in the USA, according to the article, 325,000 women between the ages of 20 and 39 went under the knife to correct the "defects" imposed by pregnancy and/or breastfeeding.

I guess it's too late for these women, but perhaps their daughters will catch this video from the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geez. What can you say. It's just unbelievable that some people think of side effects of bringing life into this world as 'defects'. I wonder where this all started? Was it society's obsession with unrealistic 'beauty'? Or maybe some greedy plastic surgeons preying on women with low self exsteem?