Saturday, September 20, 2008

A day late and a dollar short



Behold the view from our hotel window.

Despite the fact that Talk Like a Pirate Day was yesterday, all I could think as I gazed upon this vista this morning was, GAR! Look at t'wasted solar energy as the evil dryer eats my dubloons!

Translation: I wish I could string some 550 cord amongst those light standards so that I could line dry the laundry instead of wasting a dollar and, more importantly, all that electricity, in the hotel laundromat's dryer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that vista not a roof top parking lot? Still I will agree with you.

Rose said...

Yes, that's a parking lot.

I wonder what would happen if I actually put up a temporary clothesline there. Could I get away with it if I called it performance art?