Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Mood elevator, part 2

Karhu Pavo Skis are the bomb!!

I just spent about 45 minutes breaking trails on our back-forty. Mens corpora e mens sano! I'm feeling invigorated.

I used to be a real snob about wax-able versus waxless skis. In my racing days, the correct combination of kick and glide wax made the difference between first place and "thanks for coming." The narrower the ski, the faster one could go. Wide, waxless skis were for wimps. Of course, my last race was in 1986, and I've only skied for the sheer pleasure of skiing these past twenty (GASP!) years, but I'm an Aries. Good luck changing my mind about anything.

A few years ago, my sweet hubby bought Karhu Pavo Skis for both of us. Waxless, heavy, wide skis??? That's f@#king blasphemy!!!

I am now eating my words, in full view of the entire blogosphere - or at least the 3 people who read my blog. My wide, waxless skis are perfect. The day is perfect for skiing. Life is good.

No comments: