Thursday, September 01, 2005

Leadership in a time of dire need

I tend to self-censor on my blog. I have some strong opinions on certain topics, like Iraq and the Commander-in-Chief, but I usually refrain from expressing them here. I am guided by the Italian idiom, "non sputtare sulla tuo piatto." (Don't spit on your plate.)
If you know me in real life, you surely know my views. If you are a virtual friend with an opposing standpoint, my opinion is unlikely to change yours.
Today, however, I am unable to restrain myself after reading about Bush's statement on GMA this morning: "I don't think anyone expected the breaches of the levees."
My response to the Commander in Chief is laced with obscenities, so I will defer to General Wesley Clark's blog piece about the President's leadership, or lack thereof, in this catastrophe. Please read it, and click through on all the links.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RYC: I'm glad Canada is helping out. I'm not sure what country it was that made that statement, I was just pissed off about it. I know a few countries are helping out. It's just that one (whichever one it was).

Anonymous said...

Thank you for linking to this post. VERY thought-provoking.