Saturday, July 03, 2004

Exit Strategy, Please

David Hackworth's column gets right to the point this week. Our soldiers have been betrayed by Rummy's arrogance and chicken-hawkish ineptitude. However, if Bush didn't cut him loose after the torture photos came to light, he won't sack him now.

As a Permanent Resident Alien, I won't be able to vote in November's election. (I'll blog about my personal conflict with the whole Naturalization thing at a later date). I remain a powerless observer to the whole process. I am not, however, an impartial one. At this point, I'm disillusioned and disgusted. From my vantage point, it seems that attention is focussed on the most ridiculous things - whether Kerry has had botox injections, just how wealthy is he, and what's in those divorce papers anyway?

Am I just looking in the wrong places, or has no-one come forward with any sort of exit strategy for this mess? Colin Powell, where are you? Oh, that's right .. gotta dance!



No comments: