Tuesday, January 29, 2008

'Twasn't him!

There's a story on NPR right now which casts Fort Drum in a pretty dark light, at least in terms of how it treats its disabled soldiers.

A soldier, speaking on the condition of anonymity, told NPR that:

"To be tossed aside like a worn-out pair of boots is pretty disheartening ... I always believed the Army would take care of me if I did the best I could, and I've done that."

Immediately after that story aired, my husband was asked if he was the anonymous soldier. It wasn't him. My husband would have given his full name, rank, and serial number, and insisted that everything be spelled correctly.

NPR's story rings true. If any reporters out there happen to find this blog and wish to speak to my husband or to me, we would be happy to oblige. We no longer fear retribution. The truth needs to get out.

UPDATE - I can be reached at miniaturerose (at) gmail dot com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am an area journalist who would like to get in touch with you about the disability issue at Fort Drum. Unfortunately I was unable to find your contact information on the blog. If you let me know what it is (e-mail is fine) I will get in touch with you. Thank you.